to walk worthily of the Lord, pleasing him in all respects


Friday, March 09, 2012

Lent, day 16: Baptism as Rising with Christ

I'm travelling for the next few days and so blogging will be sporadic. I beg your patience. In addition to missing yesterday, I've decided to postpone my next entry on the Song of Christ (Col 1:15-20) until early next week.

For today's entry, I offer a sermon I preached in August on Colossians 3. It's entitled "Baptism as Rising with Christ." Here's the link and here is the summary:

Ø   Baptism as Rising with Christ (Colossians 3:1-11) – Raised with Christ in baptism, we should set our minds on things above where Christ, who is our life, is hidden. We shouldn’t stumble about in sin like zombies but, having stripped off our grave clothes and been clothed with the new self that is being renewed in the image of our Creator, we should live gratefully as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, taking on the virtues of Christ, especially love.

No comments:

Blog Archive