to walk worthily of the Lord, pleasing him in all respects


Sunday, February 21, 2010

The First Sunday of Lent: "whoever clings to me I will deliver"




Woodcut John Baptizing the Lord.jpg
This next week I will continue to focus on events leading up to and culminating with John's birth (all taken from Luke 1).

February 22 – In the womb yet with the Spirit

February 23 – Blessed is the Fruit of your womb

February 24 – "No. He is to be called John."

February 25 – And his mouth opened immediately.

February 26 – People were talking.

February 27 – Benedictus



The third full week of Lent, I'll reflect on John's growing up. For the fourth week, the focus will be on John's teachings and baptisms. The focus for the fifth week will be on John baptizing the Lord. In the sixth week, I'll consider differences between John's ministry and Jesus' ministry. Between Palm Sunday and Easter, the focus will be on John's death and burial.


Of course, all of this is subject to change. I am writing this for myself but I hope it's a blessing to anyone who reads it. I welcome any comments or questions you have. .


No comments:

Blog Archive