to walk worthily of the Lord, pleasing him in all respects


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lent, Day 18: I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Over a year ago, I went on a personal retreat at Franciscan center here in Malibu, Serra Retreat. They have a beautiful garden that includes a labyrinth which I walked one day. It was a beautiful experience, though at one point it became frustrating. If you study this picture of the labyrinth long enough, you might guess why.

IMG_2647

Anyway, when I came upon this frustration I had to decide upon two choices. In the end, it matters less what I chose then the attitude I had as I progressed. One can only take so much control of one's spirituality; at some point, we must simply trust that Jesus will not just find us a way, but is himself the way.

...let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12)

No comments:

Blog Archive