to walk worthily of the Lord, pleasing him in all respects


Monday, March 09, 2009

Lent, Day 11: Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord.



So the older boys are in Cotillion and currently learning to dance and interact with young ladies. On Friday night, I got them there just in time (trying to tie Paul's tie as he was getting into line). After going to Costco and the pharmacy, I returned and waited for them to finish. Samuel came out and related how he had gotten cookies and punch for a young woman and himself (this is part of the program and happens at each meeting; the young woman is whomever he is dancing with immediately before they break for snack). He was halfway through his cookie when he remembered his Lenten fast; he said he rushed to the bathroom to spit out the cookie. When he returned, he told the girl he had a near death experience in almost eating something sweet and forgetting Lent.

Paul said he decided to forgo the cookie but did drink the punch.

I am not quite sure whether to be impressed by Sam's commitment or to make it a teachable moment about grace. I do know that this was the first time I had taken them to Cotillion and not stayed to watch; I wish I had stayed this time - the look on the girl's face must have been priceless.

No comments:

Blog Archive